Monday 27 June 2011

.....I......

by Alice Mathews Martin on Sunday, June 26, 2011 at 1:23am

(compiled in 1993 - from entrances made in my diary).

I wanted to change the world;

Dear Lord Jesus

I wanted to change humanity;

To bring this world into a better place

and time.

I was impatient

with those who showed injustice.

I was complaining

against those who did not match my standards

I was intolerable,

of those who lacked integrity.

I condemned the rich oppressors

When I saw the poor in penury suffer.

I fought the unjust

to make it a just world

I harbored hostility

against the wicked



I stayed away

from the liars......

All these I did because

I believed I was good.

Then I came to you

Lord Jesus Christ

And looked at your face:

And I saw myself

I was impatient, complaining, intolerant, condemning, hostile, and self deceived.

I fell face down only You Lord Jesus Christ could lift me up. What a self righteous person I am ...forgive me.

Alice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your views, suggestions are welcome. Air your views.
obnoxious comments and pics will not find a place here
Thanks for dropping in