Monday 27 June 2011

I surrender

by Alice Mathews Martin on Monday, June 27, 2011 at 7:39am

I wanted to be a doctor for Him..
He said, "No"
So I didn’t become one!.
I wanted to lead a life of austerity for Him..
He said, "NO"
But gave me back all that I had given up!.
I wanted to give up my profession for Him..
He said, "NO"
He kept sending patients to me!.
I wanted to give up marriage for Him..
He said, “NO"
And sent me a man to marry!.
I wanted to win my friends for Him..
He said, “NO"
And took me away from all my friends!
Out of desperation, I cried to HIM,
"What do you want?
He said, “you".

I thought I could please Him by surrendering to Him all things that He had given me; but I held on to" myself, my ego, me, I". .....I experienced burnout because I was not being filled by Him. When I surrendered the "I", I realized I was nothing, just mud, or a worm. When I repented, HE lifted me up and called me His child,...to claim inheritance to that Kingdom everlasting...He, then , said, “Now use all the resources I have given you, to work for My Kingdom". I said ; "yes ,Lord , send me. Here I am".
Alice ..13 Sep. 1993.

Since then, it has been a fantastic journey..........there have been ups and downs.......sometimes due to my own callousness.....other times to teach me more. He is still working on me. "Eye has not seen, nor heard

Nor have entered into the heart of man

The things which God has prepared for those who love Him".

But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the spirit searches all things, yes , the deep things of God. But the natural man , does not receive the things of the Spirit of God for they are foolishness to him; nor can He know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1 Corinthians: 2 : 9, 10, 14.
God bless you all,
Alice 27th June 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your views, suggestions are welcome. Air your views.
obnoxious comments and pics will not find a place here
Thanks for dropping in